No Matter How Far, Don't Forget to Go Home

Sharing With Alumni

It's simple, if we want to succeed, help others, said Bro Peki, one of my senior brothers of Mining Engineering Department in Sriwijaya University who currently works at PT Freeport Indonesia.

We enthusiastically waited for the story to continue. 

"In the stage of company recruitment, I always failed at the last stage. Some even look certain. When interviewing, interviewer said to me "if  you succeed, you would only work in my department."  Hearing that, of course, I was happy, in fact, I failed.", Bro Peki told us about his interview process story.

I said "It must have hurt, brother,  failed in the final stage" .
"Certainly. Intend in your heart never to fail at the same stage. Especially in the early stages." Bro Peki answered.

"Previously on the way to Yogyakarta when going to take part in the selection of PT Freeport Indonesia, on the plane there was a old woman who sat far from her family. I helped her to put on a belt, open food, and we talked. Then the grandmother prayed for me "I hope you pass the selection", Bro Peki told us.

"It turned out that what made us finally succeed was not only a lot of effort we have done so far, but it could be from the prayers of people we have helped. 3 companies that I had previously tested who felt its were already in my hands, in fact did not qualify, while I was tested at the place of people in Yogyakarta, the only me of Unsri's students who succeed at that time" Bro Peki added.

When I heard his story, I immediately felt slapped. Because it could be the failures that have happened to me all along due to my heavy hands to help other people or many other people's rights I have not fulfilled.

Then Bro Arif, one of my other senior brothers in Mining Engineering Department, who worked at PT Kaltim Prima Coal, he explained when there were many failures, then how many times should it fail until we escaped? Most of our mistakes are that we do not know the world of roles, so after graduating college we are confused about what to do.

Bro Arif explained to us before sending a job application to the company about how to write a good curriculum vitae. Curriculum is a suggestion of communication of candidates with companies to get to know candidates from a distance. In addition, to deal with psychological test, we must prepare carefully. Don't be like "a war term but don't carry weapons". Psychotest questions must be a lot of practice.

"To face the interview test, prepare the answers that will be asked by the interviewer. Show that you are confident", Bro Arif continued.

"What can help you is yourself, not someone else. Other people only open your insight", said Bro Peki. And "Only people who have great will will succeed", said Bro Arif as the closing of the knowledge sharing event yesterday, April 2, 2019. Because of the alma mater's strength, the Mining Engineering Department of Sriwijaya University, they care about junior by sharing their knowledge and experience with us. Thank you for the time and experience. 



"No matter how far, don't forget to go home".

Palembang, April 03, 2019
Mayang Sari

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do agree with some points that youve written above... But it was not only about how excellent CV youve brought, or how great willing that you possesed... They (companies) want to employ a group of people that will match their demand, its quite similar with the theory of demand and supply...
Lets make it more simple, what are they demandings? And how will you give the proper supplies for them...
E.g :
They will hire a staff, for working offshore,blasting, discovering etc...
They need someone who is suitable for this kind of work... Theyre not paying attention for your cognitive skills only, but also your physical capabilities...

In other way, prepare for this question;
What is the main reason that makes us think that youre the suitable person for this kind of job ?
Mayang Sari said…
Nice info, thnks..

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 - 8 Fakta Unik Anak Tambang Unsri

Lirik Lagu Mars Permata (Persatuan Mahasiswa Pertambangan) FT Unsri

Jangan Memaksa